Learn more about the different types of Chinese visa for foreign nationals, how to apply, and answers to frequently asked questions.


Foreigners who accept a job in China should apply for a Foreign Employment Permit. Senior-level employees should also apply for a Foreign Expert Certificate.

Public holidays

This section features information to help visitors planning a trip to China.


Banks urged to serve small businesses

Targeted measures should be in place to solve financing difficulties and lower costs for small and micro businesses

China, Nepal to boost cooperation

Premier Li met Nepalese Prime Minister K.P. Sharma Oli in Beijing on June 21, pledging new development in bilateral ties.

72/144-hour visa-free transit in China

It allows passengers from 53 countries to transit and stay for up to 72/144 hours in certain areas of China without a visa.


China deepens innovative development of trade in services

China has recently approved a plan to deepen innovative development of trade in services. The Ministry of Commerce briefed reporters on the details on June 19.


China approves Harvest Festival

State Council has approved Chinese Farmers’ Harvest Festival, in a reply to the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Affairs.

Leading group on SMEs promotion

The State Council released a circular announcing changes in its leading group on promotion of the development of SMEs.